SteegeThomson Communications, a marketing communications firm with a 35-year track record and excellent client list in the national nonprofit community, seeks a highly motivated editorial assistant skilled in administrative, editorial, and project management tasks and looking to learn and grow within the world of nonprofit marketing. Reporting to the senior vice president, the editorial assistant will participate in the full range of our work in marketing and development communications. Excellent writing, editing, organizational, and client and vendor relations skills are essential. A bachelor’s degree and 1–2 years of related employment or internships are required. Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and three writing samples to Elizabeth Burdett at email@example.com.
Include but are not limited to:
Editorial & Client Support (30%)
- Support media relations (Cision database management, list development, press release distribution and monitoring).
- Recommend digital platforms and strategies to reach target audiences.
- Generate client reports.
- Manage client projects and production.
- Conduct background project research as needed.
- Proof and edit copy.
New Business & Marketing Support (30%)
- Compile, format, and proofread new business proposals and presentation decks.
- Coordinate GSA application process and mine for opportunities.
- Develop and maintain the firm’s marketing mailing lists.
- Track upcoming, open, and submitted proposals.
- Send and monitor marketing e-blasts.
- Update the website as needed, contribute to social media posts.
Administrative Support (40%)
- Enter time into QuickBooks and billing support as needed.
- Manage office supplies and troubleshoot tech as needed.
- Manage shared files, job chart, staffing spreadsheet, and other internal tracking tools.
- Offer new ideas for ways to streamline and improve processes.
- Track award opportunities and submissions.
- Manage firm’s master calendar and schedule meetings.
- Answer and direct phone calls and welcome guests to the office.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Deposit checks and manage petty cashbox.
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail, pride, and accountability in work product.
- Organized, adept at managing multiple projects at once.
- Positive, can-do attitude, team player, problem solver.
- Ability to work well under pressure, showing good judgment.
- Good listening skills and receptivity to constructive feedback.
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharing.
- Familiarity with the range of news and social media platforms and outlets.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college or university.
- 1–2 years of experience in an advertising/PR agency, communications department, newsroom, or related setting, or relevant significant internship experiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Google Workspace, WordPress, Zoom, etc. is a plus).
Commensurate with experience.
SteegeThomson is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.