SteegeThomson partnered with our clients from Bryn Mawr, Lafayette, and Swarthmore Colleges at the CASE District II Annual Conference February 25-27 in National Harbor, MD for a session on the communications practices that fuel campaigns at every phase.
In case you missed it, here are the top five nuggets of campaign communications wisdom that we heard from our panelists. Grab our handy overview of the phases of campaign communications for more detail.
- Think carefully about the statement you want to make as an institution. The campaign’s core messages need to ring true from launch to close. Campaigns offer a tremendous opportunity to brand and position institutions among all audiences, not just donors.
- Share your strongest assets with intention. By limiting viewings of the popular anthem video to campaign events, Bryn Mawr was able to leverage this asset to draw crowds to campaign functions beyond launch weekend.
- Be creative about connecting the campaign to your institution’s day-to-day communications. Swarthmore inserts thoughtfully-placed taglines at the end of campus news stories to drive traffic to its campaign website.
- Create one-pagers for board members and volunteers that will help them carry the message. Lafayette used SteegeThomson’s pocket-sized brief to keep the college’s spokespeople on point with campaign goals.
- Call in support sooner rather than later. When your communications team is already stretched thin, outside assistance ensures high-quality campaign communications without sacrificing ongoing projects.
Is a campaign in your future? We’re happy to be your thought partners and creative team at any step of the way.