SteegeThomson Communications, a marketing communications firm with a 35-year track record and excellent client list in the national nonprofit community, seeks a highly motivated associate skilled in writing and project management and looking to grow these and other skills while learning about the world of nonprofit marketing. Reporting to the senior vice president, the associate will participate in the full range of our work. Some administrative duties will be required. Excellent writing, organizational, oral communications, and client relations skills are essential. A bachelor’s degree and 3–5 years of related employment or internships are required. Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and at least three writing samples to Elizabeth Burdett at firstname.lastname@example.org. The writing samples should include feature story writing. A sample of news copy, development writing, or a client report is also relevant.
Include but are not limited to:
Research topics, interview subjects, and write copy for print and digital client projects with the goal of promoting constituent engagement and raising funds. Formats include print, web, and social media.
Project & Account Management
Sustain excellent client relationships by communicating with clients, gathering feedback, and troubleshooting issues. Coordinate the work of project teams; track timetables and budgets. Serve as liaison between SteegeThomson and its clients and vendors:
- Collect and organize estimates from partners and confirm costs against invoices.
- Create and track production schedules and keep all team members informed of deadlines.
- Schedule interviews and photo shoots, manage details; assist with art direction on-site as needed.
- Initiate kickoff meetings for new jobs, send creative brief template to PM; complete start-of-job checklist.
- Traffic design layouts, track changes, and coordinate revisions with designer and client.
- Track project milestones for billing and inform team of progress.
- Produce client reports.
- Conduct online research on coverage of client issues and identify opportunities for clients to engage.
- Develop materials for the media, pitch stories, and coordinate client interviews.
- Develop and maintain media lists and distribute news releases on behalf of clients.
- Collect analytics and draft reports to clients.
- Draft and edit copy for fundraising materials, websites and social posts.
- Contribute ideas to brainstorms and strategic communications plans.
New Business & Administrative Support
- Create and update SteegeThomson marketing materials and assets; format new business proposals and documents; compose simple charts and graphics.
- Assist in researching, proofing and presenting new business proposals.
- Represent firm at industry meetings.
- Serve as back-up receptionist.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to write clear, precise, engaging copy for a variety of audiences. Strong writing skills are imperative.
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail, pride and accountability in work product.
- Organized, adept at managing multiple projects at once.
- Positive, can-do attitude, team player, problem solver.
- Ability to work well under pressure, showing good judgment.
- Good listening skills and receptivity to constructive feedback.
- Commitment to continuous learning and sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college or university.
- 3–5 years of experience in advertising, public relations, marketing communications, or journalistic role in an advertising/PR agency, communications department, newsroom, or related setting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and major social media platforms required.
- Experience in InDesign or WordPress a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
SteegeThomson is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.